* Introduction to Chile's winemaking history and special microclimate
* Explanation of IMO organic certification and tasting of 3 organic wines at Miraflores Orgánico
* Complete explanation of fermentation & aging processes, conducted by owner and winemaker, Andres, followed by a tasting of the most recent harvest direct from the tank.
*Horizontal tasting of three organic wines, hand-crafted by Andres and his family
*Blind tasting at Terramater vineyard
* Gourmet Lunch available a la carte (at own expense, mains around 8-12 USD)
* Hotel pick up and drop off from Santiago, Chile
MAIPO VALLEY MICROPRODUCERS
WINE TOUR - 3 WINERIES
**$120.00 USD (or CLP equivalent)**
Monday- Saturdays 8.00-17.00pm
Tour, tastings and transport included
Journey time: 50 minutes
A sublime visit of Chile’s most historic winemaking region: The Maipo valley, which was first populated with vines nearly 500 years ago. We first examine the vine cycle and the requirements for organic certification (IMO) at Miraflores Orgánico, followed by a horizonal tasting of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and S.Blanc.
The next stop is a fascinating visit of a 2 ha. family-owned organic and biodynamic microwinery. Andres, the owner and winemaker, shows us how his vines need to be cared for at that particular time of year allowing you to get involved, hands-on. After an explanation of the fermentation and aging process, we then taste three of his award-winning red wines, with the knowledge they were hand-crafted by him and his family.
Finally, we head to Terramater vineyard established by the three Canepa sisters in 1996, a vineyard set upon 70 year-old vines and olive trees. We taste a selection of their prize-winning olive oils, followed by a blind tasting of their wines, whilst enjoying the gastronomy of Zinfandel restaurant (at own expense)